Thursday, December 3, 2009

Daring to Dream Update 2

Hey Guys. I wasn't really sure what to title this post but then I decided to use the 'Daring to Dream' since it falls along those lines.

For those of you that read my 'Dare to Dream' post (if you haven't read it you can read it here), I mentioned the fact that I wanted to move out and that I didn't know how I was going to accomplish that being unemployeed.  Well, today after months of being unemployeed, it looks like I have found employeement.  Its not finalized yet as I still need to pass my background check (which is spotless) and my reference check.  So, I'm pretty confident that I got the job. 

The only problem now is that the competitors for the company I'll be working for are trying to block it from operating.  Wind Mobile, which is the company I interviewed with, is a new company in Canada and they received a bunch of there money (if not all of it), from an Egyptian Company.  So there competitors, Rogers and Bell made a filing to the CRTC (our regulating organization) complaining about Wind's level of foreign ownership and the CRTC has responded to disallow Wind Mobile to operate currently.  Hopefully, this will all be sorted out and I can get working after my reference and background check.

But that aside I like the fact that I was at lest successful in my interview and job search.  If it comes to nothing, (Wind can't operate),  I think that it at lest will give me some confidence to move forward with my job search.  Its not really a step back since I was nowhere before, so its a bit of a step forward.  And with each interview I go through I will become better able to interview else were. 

So I'm quite happy with how it went and with how it will end up.  What about you guys?  Have any of you gone through a simular situation?  Should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment