Recently, MSNBC came out with a list of films that they believe will come out on top after the summer of 2007. Now, I usually would not make predictions as to how films will do since normally predictions are off. But, I disagree with some of MSNBC's chooses. So, here is my list of what I believe will be the top films of summer 2007.
1. Spiderman 3: This film I believe will beat all others including Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Not that the first two movies have the box office record that Pirates of the Caribbean 2 set, but most people liked the first two Spiderman movies and I wager that those people will go out to see the last one in large numbers.
2. Transformers: MSNBC choose this film to be #5 on there list, but I believe that it will take the number 2 spot since it is the first Transformers movie that we have had in about 20 years and so fans of the original will go out to see this one. Originally, I was going to place this movie in the number 1 spot, but I believe that since this movie doesn't follow from the original series some people will not relate to it on the same level that they did the original.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End: This film took the top spot on MSNBC's list but I don't think that this film will do, as well the previous film did. Why? Because many people were somewhat displeased with the last film and so not all of the people that saw the last movie will be willing to go out and see this one. Will it still do well? I believe so, but just not as well as the last one.
4. Shrek the Third: This one speaks for its self. The previous two movies were very popular and did very well in the theatres. But, since the last film wasn't as good as the first one in the series some people may stay away from this one, unless there is some new buzz around the movie.
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: This film series is still very popular, as the book series is very popular among children. But, I don't see it doing better than the number 5 spot on this list.
6. Live Free or Die Hard: Although it kind of has a dumb name I believe that this film will be a surprise hit this summer. Why? Because there is enough of us that grow up in the late 80s early nineties that really liked the first three films and are willing to go out and see the fourth one in this series.
7. The Bourne Ultimatum: Although the first two movies in this franchise were not your typical action movies, and some might say were a bit slow. I think that there are enough people that liked the previous movies and who like the trailers to the Bourne Ultimatum to make it a success.
8. Evan Almighty: I think that a lot of people enjoyed the previous film Bruce Almighty and enjoyed Steve Carell's character to give this movie a try. Will it do as good as Bruce Almighty. Probably not.
9. The Simpsons Movie: People have been waiting to see a Simpsons movie for almost 20 years and for that fact alone I believe this film will be very successful. Also, for those that don't normally watch the Simpsons on TV, the trailers are funny enough to bring those people into the theatre.
10. Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer: I believe that this film will be the most surprising hit this summer season. Why? For one, you have the Silver Surfer that, in all the previews looks really cool with all of the special effects that have gone into creating him. Also, fans of the Silver Surfers origin story will go out to see this movie. Finally, the fact that Galactus will make an appearance in the film will send people running to the theatre. But, this is also the point that will keep some people away from seeing this movie, since it has been rumored that Galactus will be a cloud. This has pissed off a lot of people in the Blogosphere. But, I wager that Galactus will not be a cloud, and if he appears as one that it is not his real form. Once that comes out, people will forget there anger and go out to see this movie.
Now, by no means do I believe that this list will pane out the way that I have it listed, but I do believe that it may be closer to what will actually occur at the Box Office. But then again, maybe it won't. What do you guys think? What movie do you believe will be #1?